Classic Line Plantation Shutters
are a beautiful, traditional shutter. They are also extremely high quality. Made from solid Poplar with
a traditional flat louver, these plantation shutters are an excellent choice for the discriminating buyer!
Major features of Classic Line Plantation Shutters include:
- Solid Poplar construction.
- Louvers available in 2-1/2, 3-1/2, and 4-1/2 widths for a spacious "plantation
- Can be done as raised panel shutters as well! For an old-world look, you can even have part of your shutters as raised
panels and part louvered.
- Traditional flat louver profile.
- Louvers, Rails, and Stiles fabricated to be highly warp resistant.
- Reinforced tilt rod highly wear resistant and impervious to pull-out.
- Fully framed if desired. You have your choice of Classic Line frames and inside or outside mount to ensure best look and fit for your windows. All frames come mitered and predrilled
for mounting screws.
- Includes all mounting hardware, hinges, and magnet sets to keep shutters closed.
- Manufacturer's Limited Lifetime Warranty
(NC indicates a No Charge option):
Classic Line Plantation
Shutters are our most versatile shutter, offering the most no-cost options of any of our lines.
Available in on-line ordering system:
- Choice of standard colors and stains (NC)
- Custom color matching available
- Smooth or Embossed (textured) finish (NC)
- Choice of shutter panel configuration - including bi-fold! (NC)
- Divider rails (NC)
- Choice of 5 standard framing and mounting options (NC)
- Choice of four hinge colors (Bright White, Polished Brass, Antiqued Brass, Chrome,
Satin Nickel, Oil Rubbed Bronze) (NC)
Available by call-in order only:
- Raised Panels, Fixed Louvers, or Combination (NC)
- All specialty shapes available with horizontal louvers
- Arches available in radial style louvers (sunburst style louvers)
- Overhead track available for sliding glass doors, room dividers, or very wide
- Non-standard framing (sometimes NC)
- Non-standard hinge colors (sometimes NC)
Louvers: Different louver sizes are no-cost options for
our Classic Line Plantation Shutters. In general, the larger the louver, the
less obstructed the views. The flat louver profile is great for both traditional
and contemporary settings.
Finish: One other great no-cost option with Classic Line Plantation Shutters is that they can be ordered with either
a smooth or an embossed finish. The embossed finish is a way of revealing
the wood texture in your shutters. It is achieved by taking normal plantation
shutter parts and running them through a machine that removes a slight bit of the softer wood between the wood grains. Although noticeable in both painted and stained, the embossed finish is most noticeable
when used on painted plantation shutters.
Classic Line Plantation Shutters are
made from solid Poplar. Poplar takes paint very well, producing a fine, hard finish.
Even more, stained cottonwood produces a beautiful wood grain finish.
Take a look at the stain samples and you will see what we mean.
Classic Line Plantation Shutters have
a metal reinforced tilt rod. This prevents tilt rod staples from bending over
time and thus scratching the louvers. It also prevents staples from pulling
out of the tilt rod altogether.
All Classic Line Plantation Shutters
louvers, rails, and stiles are constructed of multiple pieces of wood to make bowing and warping almost impossible. Because of Poplar’s heavier grain pattern, you have to look closely to ever notice the wood
seam which only runs lengthwise the grain (never crosswise). Many times the same
piece of wood will be used for a single shutter component. The wood is simply
cut in half lengthwise, then one half of it is flipped over and is glued to itself. In this manner, if one piece of the shutter part wants to bend one way, the exact opposite force is in play in the
other piece. This is a more expensive way to make plantation shutters, but also the
mark of high quality millwork.
is probably more detail than most of you want, but it should be sufficient to say that we take many extra steps to ensure
that our Classic Line Plantation Shutters are truly versatile while being manufactured in the highest quality manner. You will be hard pressed to find more unique or versatile plantation shutters
than our Classic Line Plantation Shutters.
Current delivery times are posted on our Ordering