PolyCore custom plantation shutters are beautiful, high quality, and elegant. PolyCore has the graceful look of wood
plantation shutters, but the strength and durability of a synthetic. You can have the best of both worlds! They are a beautiful,
upscale shutter with a modern flair. With an elegant elliptical louver profile, these plantation shutters are an excellent
choice for the buyer who wants it all. You can even Order a Sample Panel or Profile Box and have your purchase refunded (see link for details). Major features of PolyCore Custom Plantation Shutters include:
- Aluminum reinforced louvers, rails, and stiles make this shutter as straight as an arrow.
- Louvers available in 2-1/2, 3-1/2, and 4-1/2 widths for a spacious "plantation shutters" look.
- Shutters are actually screwed together for superior strength
- Elliptical louver profile
- Superb light, noise and temperature control
- Fire Resistant - see Specification Sheet for details.
- Fully framed if desired. You have your choice of PolyCore frames and inside or outside mount to ensure best look and fit for your windows. All frames come mitered.
- Includes all hinges and magnet sets to keep shutters closed.
- Manufacturer's 25 year limited warranty
Options (NC indicates a No Charge option):
Available in on-line ordering system
Choice of standard colors: bright white, dull white, off white (NC)
Choice of shutter panel configuration - including bi-fold! (NC)
Divider rails (NC)
Choice of 5 standard framing and mounting options (NC)
All hinges powder coated to match shutters (NC)
Available by call-in order only:
- Odd shaped windows such as arches, slant tops, hexagons, and octagons available with sunburst or standard horizontal louvers.
- Overhead track available for sliding glass doors, room dividers, or very wide windows
- Non-standard framing (sometimes NC)
- Stainless steel hinges
- Stainless steel staples
Different louver sizes are no-cost options for PolyCore Custom Plantation Shutters. In
general, the larger the louver, the less obstructed the views.
PolyCore custom plantation shutters are different than any other synthetic shutter. Aluminum
reinforcing is co-extruded with the shutter components (see pictures). This provides for a very strong, rigid, durable shutter
that will not bow, warp, peel, crack, or need repainting. Further, unlike other poly shutters that are only glued together,
PolyCore’s aluminum reinforcing allows for them to BOLTED together. PolyCore is highly resistant to the environment
and are a great choice for areas that will get wet such as showers. Their durability makes them a great choice for shutters
over sliding glass doors.
One other quality item to note is the finish. PolyCore custom plantation shutters have a baked-on waterborne finish.
The shutter materials are actually painted before they are built into a shutter. This means that the painting process can
be highly controlled. All materials are laid flat and painted in a computerized, state-of-the-art painting and fabrication
facility. This allows for a very even, smooth coat of paint.
PolyCore custom plantation shutters are typically shipped truck freight, which means you
need to have a ship-to address that is accessible by truck. They can be shipped to residential addresses, but they must be
accessible by truck. The shipping company will call to arrange a delivery appointment. Someone must be present at the appointment
to receive delivery. If delivery can not be made and another attempt is made, a re-delivery charge will be assessed by the
trucking company and passed on to you.
PolyCore plantation shutters are usually crated to ensure they arrive unharmed, which also means the crate can be heavy
and may need to be unpacked before you can move it. The extra care in packing and shipping is why any orders fewer than 50
square feet have a handling/shipping charge. Please see our Pricing page for shipping fees (if any).
Unloading of the truck is your responsibility. If we are delivering to your house,
we strongly recommend the use of a lift-gate truck ($65 surcharge). With a lift-gate, it is the driver's responsibility to
get the crates to the ground. You should probably have two or more able-bodied people to unpack the crates and move the shutters
Is PolyCore Right For You?
In the past, PolyCore shutters have only been available to the professional
shutter dealer or the professional shutter installer. However, they are now available to the serious do-it-yourselfer. Most
frames come completely assembled, but larger frames may come ready-to-assemble. There is no cutting or mitering needed.
In order to provide the most mounting flexibility, they do not have mounting holes predrilled in the shutter frames. This
allows the do-it-yourselfer to mount their shutters using inconspicuous finish nails or by drilling the frames and mounting
with screws. Frames are not applicable to Direct Mounting since this mounting method has no frames. PolyCore shutter panels
are rabbeted for greater light control.
Fact verses Fiction:
Ok, let’s clear the air about synthetic shutters. You may be asking yourself
why a high quality shutter dealer would be offering a poly shutter. PolyCore shutters have A LOT to offer. The truth of
the matter is that many low grade, low quality, entry level synthetic shutters have given synthetic shutters a bad name.
Here are a few things that make PolyCore such high quality plantation shutters:
- They do not absorb moisture.
- Never needs to be repainted.
- Aluminum core in the louvers (and other components) make them as straight as an arrow. With no crown or bow, they
provide great light control and insulation.
- Staples in PolyCore shutters actually glue themselves to the tilt rod and louvers.
- Very reasonable price!
- Highly durable and resistant to the environment. They can be installed in bathrooms, over kitchen sinks, or other
humid or hot environments. Plus, if they are subjected to weather (for example, if you forget to close the window in a rainstorm)
they will not be damaged.
- Because of their V-0 fire rating, only "poly" shutters can be installed in commercial buildings over three stories.
(V-0 is the best rating you can have)
- Can be cleaned with almost anything (no abrasive cleaners) without having to worry about the paint finish being damaged.
- Your order is out of the factory in fourteen working days!
Why PolyCore is better than Vinyl:
- Vinyl is hollow, which gives vinyl plantation shutters the lowest insulating value of any shutters in the market.
- Being hollow can make it transparent under bright light.
- Vinyl feels cheap. A vinyl shutter is very light and feels like a child's toy.
- Because it is hollow, many vinyl shutters can not have a "mouse" hole or real staples in them. The imitation staples
that are on the tilt rod are plastic and tend to become brittle from exposure to the sun, and pull out or break from the tilt
rod frequently with normal movement of the shutter.
- The color is injected into the vinyl material when it is molded and will yellow or fade in time due to sun exposure.
Why PolyCore is better than PolyWood ™
- PolyCore's aluminum core makes wider louver lengths possible, making the option of wider panels available for a cleaner
and less obscured view out of the window. Many PolyWood ™ shutters are limited to around 28 inches wide. However,
PolyCore plantation shutters can have panel widths up to 36 inches wide!
- PolyCore has a harder material surface, reducing the likelihood of dings and dents.
- PolyCore has stronger joints at the stile and rail. PolyCore is bolted/screwed together verses glued. The screw
together format is the strongest possible format for assembling shutter panels, also allowing for simple unscrew to replace
a louver if it becomes damaged.
- No hole strip that can slide up or down in the stile causing uneven gaps between louvers and rails. PolyCore offers
a co-extruded one part stile so no cracks are seen between the stile and the hole strip.
- Colors have been developed to match customers’ decor and are highly versatile.
- PolyWood ™ shutters have a rubber flap between the stiles that require closing the shutter panels at the same
time. This rubber flap has been known to become stuck together over time due to heat. PolyCore’s stile has a precise
bevel that allows each panel to be opened and closed independently, yet still providing light control.